9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
1. Lois Stewart
Sister Stewart was my preschool teacher. She lived just around the corner from me, and even after I was done with preschool, I would go visit her a lot. She was always happy to have me come sit in her kitchen and talk to her or play with her toys. She taught me to be warm and loving and how to share.
2. Cheryl Goff
Sister Goff was my kindergarten class aid. She was also an achievement days leader, and she ended up throwing a bridal shower for me. We have the same birthday, and not a single one has passed without me receiving a card from her. She is such a wonderful woman, and taught me many of the crafts I know, and helped teach me the patience to do them, and to think of others at all times.
3. Tom Chambers
Tom was one of my best friends my senior year of high school. I'm really not sure what I would have done without him. He was always there for me to talk to. He gave me a lot of rides to school and home. He helped me feel better a lot of times when I was struggling with things. I still have a clipping from an Ensign he sent me while he was on his mission just because there was nothing more perfect that he could have sent me.
4. Kathleen and Big John Hofman
I know this is technically 2 people, but I will give them a post together. Kathleen and Big John are also known as Momma and Poppa Hofman. I love them. I often felt more comfortable in their home than I did in my own. They were always so willing to take me in and love me.
5. Brittani Murray
I almost lived at Brittani's house our junior and senior years of high school. We have spend countless hours together laughing about silly things, watching movies, and just talking.
6. Heather Butler
Heather is the person who drew me out of my shell. I was once so shy, then Heather came to the back of our 9th grade science class to ask me if I wanted to be in her group for a group project. That was all it took--from that moment on, we were friends. Heather is full of energy, and it is not possible to be friends with her without catching some of that energy and her vivacious personality.
7. Kim Hofman
Kim has been one of the most supportive, loyal, and loving friends I could ever ask for. She has always been one of the first people to be there when something happens. She is also the first person to help me find ways to laugh when I am unhappy.
8. Aunt Terrie
Aunt Terrie is the sweetest and most giving woman I know. I am so grateful that when I married Matt she became my aunt. I love spending time with her, and I only hope that someday I can give of myself as cheerfully.
9. Christine Knudsen
Christine has listened to me cry, talked to me about everything, and given me some of the best advice I could ever ask for multiple times. She's been there for so many girls nights, I can't even keep track. Plus she can always make me laugh.
10. and last, but certainly not least, Karen Thomas
Karen is my mother-in-law. So one influence should be obvious immediately. She raised the man who I married and now spend most of my free time with. She is also a great example of organization and giving of herself. I admire her, and that she does everything whole-heartedly.
There are so many other people who could have been on this list. I am so lucky, and have been blessed by so many people.
1. Lois Stewart
Sister Stewart was my preschool teacher. She lived just around the corner from me, and even after I was done with preschool, I would go visit her a lot. She was always happy to have me come sit in her kitchen and talk to her or play with her toys. She taught me to be warm and loving and how to share.
2. Cheryl Goff
Sister Goff was my kindergarten class aid. She was also an achievement days leader, and she ended up throwing a bridal shower for me. We have the same birthday, and not a single one has passed without me receiving a card from her. She is such a wonderful woman, and taught me many of the crafts I know, and helped teach me the patience to do them, and to think of others at all times.
3. Tom Chambers
Tom was one of my best friends my senior year of high school. I'm really not sure what I would have done without him. He was always there for me to talk to. He gave me a lot of rides to school and home. He helped me feel better a lot of times when I was struggling with things. I still have a clipping from an Ensign he sent me while he was on his mission just because there was nothing more perfect that he could have sent me.
4. Kathleen and Big John Hofman
I know this is technically 2 people, but I will give them a post together. Kathleen and Big John are also known as Momma and Poppa Hofman. I love them. I often felt more comfortable in their home than I did in my own. They were always so willing to take me in and love me.
5. Brittani Murray
I almost lived at Brittani's house our junior and senior years of high school. We have spend countless hours together laughing about silly things, watching movies, and just talking.
6. Heather Butler
Heather is the person who drew me out of my shell. I was once so shy, then Heather came to the back of our 9th grade science class to ask me if I wanted to be in her group for a group project. That was all it took--from that moment on, we were friends. Heather is full of energy, and it is not possible to be friends with her without catching some of that energy and her vivacious personality.
7. Kim Hofman
Kim has been one of the most supportive, loyal, and loving friends I could ever ask for. She has always been one of the first people to be there when something happens. She is also the first person to help me find ways to laugh when I am unhappy.
8. Aunt Terrie
Aunt Terrie is the sweetest and most giving woman I know. I am so grateful that when I married Matt she became my aunt. I love spending time with her, and I only hope that someday I can give of myself as cheerfully.
9. Christine Knudsen
Christine has listened to me cry, talked to me about everything, and given me some of the best advice I could ever ask for multiple times. She's been there for so many girls nights, I can't even keep track. Plus she can always make me laugh.
10. and last, but certainly not least, Karen Thomas
Karen is my mother-in-law. So one influence should be obvious immediately. She raised the man who I married and now spend most of my free time with. She is also a great example of organization and giving of herself. I admire her, and that she does everything whole-heartedly.
There are so many other people who could have been on this list. I am so lucky, and have been blessed by so many people.





No comments:
Post a Comment