Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

If a Ferrari fell into my life...

You know, I have lost count of the times I've heard "He's too good for her" or, even more commonly as the excuse for why a guy won't go after a girl, "She's too good for me"

Today I heard something that I feel like summarizes this very well. "I know my girlfriend is too good for me. But this is how I see it, I will never in my life be able to afford a Ferrari, but if one just came into my life, I sure wouldn't get rid of it."

All I can say is Amen. This really made me think. How many times have I been interested in a guy, then made myself not like him because I didn't think I was good enough? How many times have I potentially turned away Ferrari's?

Even worse, how often have I seen the girls who are considered "too good" crying because they thought they had a chance with a guy, and he broke up with her because he thought she was too good for him. Real men will probably think so, but even more importantly, a real man will choose to keep his girl who is too good for him. The point is not to duck away hoping to find someone more your level, It is to raise yourself to deserve them.

So make yourself Ferrari worthy. And if one falls into your life, don't let it go.

P.S. post #100 posted.
P.P.S. If you can guess my favorite kind of cookie, I'll make some for you for reading my 100th post.

4 comments:

Jordan W. said...

I hope its snickerdoodles. Those are amazing. And you are indeed correct.

Janey said...

cute.. i really like the outlook!

pss... m&m... lol.. i dont just sounded good right now!

The Knudsons said...

A. I love this post. It's so true.
B. I would share this post, but you don't have that option to share via FB, blogger, twitter, etc. Why is that?

DC said...

Great post, Tiffany! It's really something to think about. I think we as guys will sometimes lose hope before trying when seeing potential Ferrari level girls, and I'd bet girls do the same thing, too. Maybe it's just that we don't realize we have we're the only with with keys to the Ferrari. And your favorite type of cookie is chocolate chip.