Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 22

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?


5 years
5 years from now, Matt will have been out of grad school for about a year. I picture us settling into a rental home (or apartment) with our first little baby...or maybe a toddler and a baby on the way. Or maybe just a dog. It's hard to say.
10 years
In 10 years, I hope that we will be more settled in. I hope that Matt will have a job he enjoys, and I will be able to stay home with our kids. 10 years from now, I would like to have 2 or 3 kids. If we need it, I could be working as a teacher, or even just as a substitute teacher to fill in now and again.
15 years
In 15 years, I will be almost 37. I hope by then to have 3-4 kids, and that they will mostly be in at least preschool. At this point, I'd like to start working again-even part time teaching or something to do while the kids are at school to get me out of the house and around grown ups. I want to be able to be there for my children and I want to save babysitting time to go on dates with Matt.

Really, it's hard to picture that far in the future. I have trouble picturing where we will be in 2 years. But I know what matters is having faith and going forward.

No comments: