11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
I think first I should define how I think of a pet peeve. To me a pet peeve is something that makes a person annoyed. There are things that upset me, but they aren't all pet peeves, because they make me sad, or hurt. Those things cannot be a pet peeve because they hurt, not annoy. That said, let us begin. Things that make me extremely angry are also not a pet peeve because that is way past annoyance. Plus those tend to come on very much a case by case basis.
1. Chewing with your mouth open. I know you're eating. That's great. I don't want to see it.
2. People stepping on the back of my shoe. I hate this! I know I'm not perfect and do it occasionally, but I feel like every time there is a large group around and I'm not wearing heels, someone will step on the back of my shoe.
3. Favoritism in the workplace/school. I know people have favorites. It's human nature. But that does not belong in grading/promotion/pay raise areas. I've seen it in almost every place I've worked. and in one or two classes. Even when I'm on the receiving end, it irritates me.
4. People who leave a mess behind. At work and in a few classes, I've had to clean up after my co-workers or fellow students. Sometimes it's throwing away wrappers, sometimes it's just putting sticky notes in a drawer. Either way, they are adults, and it shouldn't happen.
5. People who call or walk in just as a place closes. These people want to go home. They've been working for a while, and are stressed out and tired. Because of this, you will get worse service and they will not want to talk to you. People should realize this. If they called or walked in literally a mere 5-10 minutes earlier (at least half an hour for a restaurant.) then their service would be much better, and no one would be upset.
6. People using me as an arm rest. This happens far less now that I'm out of high school. And now that I'm tall enough my sister can't do it. It is however, an awful thing. It also annoys me to see other people used as an arm rest.
7. People who can't decide whether or not they believe in God. I do believe in God. But I will still be your friend and care about you if you don't. That's not going to be a problem in our friendship. But, if you are an atheist, please don't ask all your friends to pray for you. That doesn't make any sense.
8. Half steps. You're walking down the stairs, and getting used to a rhythm with their height and depth (okay fine, I never understand the rhythm of stairs) then suddenly, a step is half the size of the others at the end. It throws me off every time.
9. Scratchy clothes. I have some dresses that have tulle as part of the decoration. It itches like the dickens, but they were gifts, and they're cute, so I always try wearing a long enough slip that I can't feel it. It works most of the time, but sometimes the slip slips (haha).
10. Long lines at the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping. I hate even more being forced to stand in a long line worrying about ice cream melting or something like that because I ran out of food and was forced to go grocery shopping.
I think first I should define how I think of a pet peeve. To me a pet peeve is something that makes a person annoyed. There are things that upset me, but they aren't all pet peeves, because they make me sad, or hurt. Those things cannot be a pet peeve because they hurt, not annoy. That said, let us begin. Things that make me extremely angry are also not a pet peeve because that is way past annoyance. Plus those tend to come on very much a case by case basis.
1. Chewing with your mouth open. I know you're eating. That's great. I don't want to see it.
2. People stepping on the back of my shoe. I hate this! I know I'm not perfect and do it occasionally, but I feel like every time there is a large group around and I'm not wearing heels, someone will step on the back of my shoe.
3. Favoritism in the workplace/school. I know people have favorites. It's human nature. But that does not belong in grading/promotion/pay raise areas. I've seen it in almost every place I've worked. and in one or two classes. Even when I'm on the receiving end, it irritates me.
4. People who leave a mess behind. At work and in a few classes, I've had to clean up after my co-workers or fellow students. Sometimes it's throwing away wrappers, sometimes it's just putting sticky notes in a drawer. Either way, they are adults, and it shouldn't happen.
5. People who call or walk in just as a place closes. These people want to go home. They've been working for a while, and are stressed out and tired. Because of this, you will get worse service and they will not want to talk to you. People should realize this. If they called or walked in literally a mere 5-10 minutes earlier (at least half an hour for a restaurant.) then their service would be much better, and no one would be upset.
6. People using me as an arm rest. This happens far less now that I'm out of high school. And now that I'm tall enough my sister can't do it. It is however, an awful thing. It also annoys me to see other people used as an arm rest.
7. People who can't decide whether or not they believe in God. I do believe in God. But I will still be your friend and care about you if you don't. That's not going to be a problem in our friendship. But, if you are an atheist, please don't ask all your friends to pray for you. That doesn't make any sense.
8. Half steps. You're walking down the stairs, and getting used to a rhythm with their height and depth (okay fine, I never understand the rhythm of stairs) then suddenly, a step is half the size of the others at the end. It throws me off every time.
9. Scratchy clothes. I have some dresses that have tulle as part of the decoration. It itches like the dickens, but they were gifts, and they're cute, so I always try wearing a long enough slip that I can't feel it. It works most of the time, but sometimes the slip slips (haha).
10. Long lines at the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping. I hate even more being forced to stand in a long line worrying about ice cream melting or something like that because I ran out of food and was forced to go grocery shopping.

No comments:
Post a Comment