1. My dear friend, Katie, who also happens to be an 18 year old exchange student, without the ability to say no, or think a mean thought, walked past several times doing her laundry.
2. The boys that I didn't know as well began playing truth or dare (also important factoid-the friends they brought were girls-so they wanted to impress them)
3. One boy was dared to go ask a girl from one of the apartments close by if he could borrow a towel.
4. He hopped out, climbed the fence rather than walking to the gate, fixed his hair, then knocked on Katie's door to ask for the towel that she had just washed.
5. Katie naturally said yes.
6. My friends were disgusted, informed the boys and their friends that they had just taken advantage of a sweet exchange student and left.
So, then yesterday, almost a full week later, Katie came to my apartment because she had seen me in the hot tub with these boys to ask if I knew where they were so she could get her towel back. I took her over to their apartment, and it was sitting on the piano bench...unwashed. I was LIVID. Because she is so innocent, we got it and left, and while I was walking her to her apartment, she told me that she could tell it wasn't clean, but that being mad was a waste of time. I however disagree. I dropped her off at her apartment, and went back to the boys' apartment to chew them out. I gave them quite a piece of my mind.
I'm sorry. I am quite forgiving and naive. It is hard for me to say no when people ask me for things. But Katie is 10 times sweeter and more giving than me. Plus she's smaller. So I have natural protective instincts towards her. So I freaked out on them. It's not okay. Later that night one of the boys tried to apologize to me about it via facebook. All I would tell him is that he owed her an apology, and he knew where she lived.
So this is why I am a cynical person. I had faith in these guys to be mature. I mean they did all serve missions, and are in college living on their own. and the one who talked to me later always tells me how much he values maturity. But now all my respect for them has been thrown out the window because I saw them take advantage of this sweet innocent little girl.
Am I being too harsh on them?

2 comments:
that sounds like a wonderful plan. I approve.
i dont think your being to harsh. its guys like that that need there mammas to smack them around and if there mammas arent there then a mature woman needs to. So high five. anyway, I just found your blog via boob nazi. hope you dont care I snooped around
Post a Comment