7. What is your dream job, and why?
I have always wanted to be a teacher. I hope that I can be a teacher who can actually make a difference in people's lives. I have discovered that it really doesn't matter what you teach, it matters who you are. I'm currently in school to be a FACS teacher. For those who don't know, that means I will basically be a home ec teacher. I was not in any way inspired by my high school teen living teacher. I was inspired by some of my elementary, middle, and high school teachers. None of them really taught subjects I decided to pursue. Some of them taught things that fascinated me while I was in their class, but I always lost interest within a year or two of leaving their classes. The teachers that really influenced me were the ones who actually cared about me. The teachers who believed in me. And that's what I want to be.
I want to be a teacher who listens to her students. I want to be a teacher who sees their potential. I want to encourage them to be the best that I can be. If they learn how to cook, balance a checkbook, design a room, or sew a pillow in the middle of all that, then great. All the better. But most of all, I want to teach students what they are worth.
I have always wanted to be a teacher. I hope that I can be a teacher who can actually make a difference in people's lives. I have discovered that it really doesn't matter what you teach, it matters who you are. I'm currently in school to be a FACS teacher. For those who don't know, that means I will basically be a home ec teacher. I was not in any way inspired by my high school teen living teacher. I was inspired by some of my elementary, middle, and high school teachers. None of them really taught subjects I decided to pursue. Some of them taught things that fascinated me while I was in their class, but I always lost interest within a year or two of leaving their classes. The teachers that really influenced me were the ones who actually cared about me. The teachers who believed in me. And that's what I want to be.
I want to be a teacher who listens to her students. I want to be a teacher who sees their potential. I want to encourage them to be the best that I can be. If they learn how to cook, balance a checkbook, design a room, or sew a pillow in the middle of all that, then great. All the better. But most of all, I want to teach students what they are worth.


No comments:
Post a Comment