I love my major. I really really really love my major. But sometimes, I will be in the library or somewhere else on campus studying or working on a project, and it feels really funny when I'm looking at powerpoints about fashions through the ages or drawing a floor plan for a room and everyone one around me is looking at biology, history, or anatomy. Sometimes I feel like I'm not working as hard or challenging myself as much as others, or that what I'm doing is less worthwhile.
However, I know better. I still work hard and spend hours studying and working on my projects. And more importantly, I adore my major. I'm doing what I love. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light comes with a job. Not everyone can say that they know exactly what kind of job they want at the end of their college career. Or even what jobs they will be qualified for. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that my major is just as worthwhile and educational as everyone else's.
However, I know better. I still work hard and spend hours studying and working on my projects. And more importantly, I adore my major. I'm doing what I love. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light comes with a job. Not everyone can say that they know exactly what kind of job they want at the end of their college career. Or even what jobs they will be qualified for. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that my major is just as worthwhile and educational as everyone else's.

No comments:
Post a Comment