Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Once you get married

At the beginning of every semester I get sick. I always thought it was moving back in with all of my roommates and living in very close quarters with 5 other girls, or the stress of figuring out a new semester's workload. I now stand by the new semester's workload.
However, what I found out this semester when I started not feeling well is that as soon as you are married, any time you feel almost any sort of discomfort, people assume you are pregnant. Having been married for about 2 and a half weeks, I was not feeling well one morning, and ended up rushing out of my lab to run to the restroom. When I came back, my TA's first question to me was "What kind of sick are you? Is it morning sickness? Are you pregnant?" A few days later, I mentioned that I pulled out some crackers that I had in my backpack at work to snack on, and the girl sitting next to me asked me if I was pregnant.
Finally, today, I mentioned that I woke up a few times in the night with a back ache. My back ache had gone away completely, with just a little bit of massaging, and I assure you that I am not pregnant, but that was the immediate assumption from my classmates.
So, I've learned that any kind of discomfort I have right now, I should pretty much keep to myself, because everyone around me will assume that I'm pregnant.

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Ha ha that is too funny! You should just tell them that even if you were it is none of their business. There are so many reasons for so many different things. I find myself doing that to myself since I had Emily. Anything that feels like morning sickness or whatever I assume that I am pregnant. Welcome to the wonderful world of married life and nosy people. How are you guys? Have you gotten your house the way you want it?

Rachel.Brad.Gashler said...

Ha ha ha Tiffany! I'm sorry. It is kind of funny that everyone around you think you are pregnant. I told all of my relatives and friends that they should not expect me being pregnant anytime soon. "Two years" I said to them, and that was it :D Love ya, best wished to you guys!!