Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Such a dilemma

For most of my life, I've had short hair. When I was really young, my hair just grew really slowly. When I turned 8, I convinced my parents to let me cut it off. And by off, I mean into a short cut. From that point on, it's been shoulder length twice, but it has never gotten much longer than that. When Matt and I started talking about getting married, I resolved to grow out my hair so I could do something pretty for the wedding. So, for almost a year now, I have not had a hair cut. I know I need to at least get a trim soon, but it is so tempting for me to go cut it all off.
It's hard to describe, but I love the feeling of cutting off my hair. I love looking in the mirror and seeing something so different from what I have come to expect. I love seeing everyone's reactions to a new haircut. I love cutting my hair.
However, at the same time, it's so much easier to have long hair. I have to spend less time on it, and if I don't want to do anything with it, I can just pull it up. There are also more things that can be done with long hair. So, in the spirit of self control, I've starting looking up cute ideas to do with long hair. Hopefully looking at these, and trying a few will be enough to keep me from cutting off my hair.

No comments: