For our wedding gift, my mom gave us 7 days at her Worldmark account. So, we decided instead of taking a full week at a later time we would split it up. Because of this, we spent President's day weekend in St. George
We were going to a restaurant for breakfast, and we ended up driving right past it and out of the main part of town, but we ended up finding this beautiful trail area on the side of the road, so we pulled off to look around and take pictures.
The best part of being here is that we were both comfortable and warm.
After breakfast and a nap, we went to Snow Canyon State Park. There were a lot of hiking trails, and Matt was so excited to go on some of them.
The trails were all really easy. I was wearing a cheap pair of flats from Walmart, and we made it through a couple of the "medium" difficulty trails.
Matt had a lot of fun posing on the petrified sand dunes.
I just couldn't believe how beautiful everything was.
One of the trails was called "Pioneer names" because you could really see where pioneers had carved their names when they went through.
Matt kept talking about all the succulents, so I took a picture of some.
Pretending to climb the canyon wall.
Entering "Jenny's Canyon"
We were going to stop by the St. George temple to do a session, but I wasn't feeling great, so we just gave ourselves a tour around the grounds and the visitors center.
I'm so lucky that I get to be with this man for eternity.
We had a lot of fun, and it was really a great way to spend our first long weekend together. We're also really excited that we still have more than half our honeymoon to go after we finish this semester.

1 comment:
Love reading about part one of your honeymoon. You two are so in love. I enjoy your facebook comments and your blog because I can see you both enjoy the sweet little things of life. Life will be very enjoyable if you keep that up and make it a part of your family.
Post a Comment