So last week was the day. I got married. It was quite an eventful morning. I can finally sort of talk about that morning without being mad at myself or starting to cry, so maybe I will actually laugh about it someday. I actually lost a paper that said I was able to get married in the temple. We still haven't found it, so at least I know that I didn't just forget to put it in my bag. Luckily another temple was able to fax over a copy they had made.
The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Our sealer was the best sealer I could have possibly asked for. We weren't familiar with any sealers at the Logan temple, so we obviously didn't request him, but he was really great. If we were to go back now, I would request him.
After the ceremony, we took pictures for a long time. Luckily Matt's parents had planned ahead and gotten him some hand-warmers. I might have stolen a couple every so often. We can't wait to see the pictures. Jennell was really a great photographer, and we had a lot of fun with her. We do have one picture from her now, and I'm very excited to see the rest.
After the sealing and the pictures, we got to go to our luncheon, and everything was delicious. It was also really nice to be surrounded by our families and loved ones.
Then we drove up to Pocatello for the reception and ring ceremony. For the ring ceremony, I asked an old family friend to perform the ceremony in advance, but unfortunately, he forgot to write it down and made other plans for that night. Luckily, the night before I was able to talk with the bishop from my home ward, and Bishop Johnson agreed to take care of the ring ceremony for us. It was a lovely ceremony, and I hope that it helped some of our family members feel included and understand why we chose to be married in the temple.
Almost immediately after the ring ceremony was our reception. I think the reception turned out to be absolutely beautiful. I really appreciated each and every one of our friends and family members who came. My mom did a huge portion of the planning for me, as I had tests almost every week last semester, and she did an amazing job. The cultural hall looked wonderful, and the food that I was able to eat was delicious. My cousin Holli made our cake...it was absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Really, it was everything Matt and I wanted.
In the last week, we've been busy adjusting to working around each other more than we did before, and moving into our new apartment. We only have our bed for furniture, so we haven't decorated at all yet, but our kitchen is all set up, and as soon as we have a dresser, we'll have our bedroom ready for anything. Overall though, I highly recommend being married...to the right person.
And now we are back in school, and we'll see how we manage to make everything work from here.


2 comments:
It was such a wonderful day! Everything turned out wonderfully. At least the lost paper was an easy fix. I think every wedding needs a little hiccup. Mine was that I had gone to get my hair blended a week before I got married and the lady died my hair orange! I looked like carrot top from the t-mobile commercials. I ended up being able to get it fixed, but now it is something that I look back on and think what was I thinking. Enjoy this time together!
It was so fun to get to go to you sealing and wedding! I'm so glad you let me come to your special day. Let me know if you need help with anything--and also just let me know what you guys need that chair at our apartment. I hope you and Matt are doing well! Love you!
Post a Comment