On our first date, we went to Sammy's for dinner, then we went to watch The Adjustment Bureau. So for our first date after 4 months of long distance, we went to Sammy's to pick up some dinner. We picked up the food and drove out to a trail that Matt and his brother had found last year.
We hiked up the trail looking for a place to picnic, but the only shady places we could find were on really steep hills, and if you've ever met me, you know I can trip over smooth flat ground without shoes on...but we decided to take the chance and enjoy the shade. I'm glad we did.
Then we sat on the blanket and ate while we laughed at how greasy my burger was and enjoying the view when he went over to his backpack and set up his mp3 player and his speakers to play our song. We started dancing to it the best we could on the hill. He spun me around once to get the ring out of his pocket, then a few more times until I was slow enough for him to get down on one knee. Finally after 3 or 4 spins, he was down on one knee with the ring out. He looked at me and said "Will you marry me Tiffany?" I smiled and said yes, then pulled him up to give him a kiss.
So now that we're engaged, we've called the temple and reserved it for our wedding. We're getting married on December 28th. We have an open house before we get married by his house, then a reception the evening of our marriage in Pocatello. We're looking at photographers and I'm going wedding dress shopping on Thursday with some of my friends.
So...that's pretty much it. :)
We hiked up the trail looking for a place to picnic, but the only shady places we could find were on really steep hills, and if you've ever met me, you know I can trip over smooth flat ground without shoes on...but we decided to take the chance and enjoy the shade. I'm glad we did.
Then we sat on the blanket and ate while we laughed at how greasy my burger was and enjoying the view when he went over to his backpack and set up his mp3 player and his speakers to play our song. We started dancing to it the best we could on the hill. He spun me around once to get the ring out of his pocket, then a few more times until I was slow enough for him to get down on one knee. Finally after 3 or 4 spins, he was down on one knee with the ring out. He looked at me and said "Will you marry me Tiffany?" I smiled and said yes, then pulled him up to give him a kiss.
So now that we're engaged, we've called the temple and reserved it for our wedding. We're getting married on December 28th. We have an open house before we get married by his house, then a reception the evening of our marriage in Pocatello. We're looking at photographers and I'm going wedding dress shopping on Thursday with some of my friends.
So...that's pretty much it. :)

4 comments:
We don't mind an occasional wedding update. Its so great how when things are right everything falls into place.
LOVE this post. And I'm so excited for you. And I totally support you talking about wedding planning on your blog, especially because I won't be there to hear about it in person :(
Soooo excited for you!!! Let me know when you start collecting addresses because I would like one :)
yay! congrats!!! December 28th so cool we got married on the December 29th!!!
ps. if you are still looking for a photographer i am starting up my photography (i took Zach and Natalie Workmans engagements) just an idea... i am sooooo excited for you! you deserve this!
Post a Comment