Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I'm in debt to this girl"

I heard from a very dear friend the other day. He just checked in to see how I was doing. I made some bread, and thus had an extra loaf. I decided to bring it down to him. So I came to his apartment bringing him the loaf of bread. When I gave it to him, he insisted on me taking a piece of his homemade pizza home with me. He also told the roommates I had insisted on bringing with me that he was in debt to me. That I had kept him alive bringing meals to him while we were living in Heritage. But the truth is that I had always thought of myself as in debt to him for keeping me sane here at BYU. He made me decide to stay when I was home-sick and lonely he befriended me. He's always so good to me and such a good friend.

Can we really be in debt to our friends though? Isn't the whole point of friendship that there isn't debt? We do things for each other because we want to. We do things for each other because we care about each other. There is no debt. No one is keeping up a tally, you just do what is needed.

No comments: