Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You could do better

I've been thinking a lot lately. I was talking to a friend about a guy that I was becoming interested in. Being as how we are girls who go to BYU, she asked me if we could facebook stalk him. I agreed, so we looked him up. Prior to our stalking, I informed her that due to timing issues, nothing could happen with him, regardless of what he might feel. We looked at a picture or two, and she said "Really Tiffany, I think you could do better."
I was shocked. I had only shown her 2 pictures of him. That was the entirety of what she knew about him. She had never seen him in person. She had never spoken to him. She really knew very little.
And that made me think. It's true, he isn't a guy that you look at and fall for immediately. He isn't the most extraordinary looking guy at first. But as I got to know him, I found that it didn't matter. He's someone that you talk to, and spend time with, and as time goes by, he becomes good looking. I've known him only since mid-September, and I think he is one of the sweetest, most fun to talk to guys ever. He's made it a point to say hi to me every day. He talks to me about things that we have in common, or at least that he knows I'll have an interest in. He makes me laugh.
And to me, all of these things are infinitely more important than finding a guy who looks like Ryan Reynolds. Due to timing issues, nothing is going to happen with this guy. We will just be friends. But from this experience, I have found that I am good at focusing on what is important.

1 comment:

Sara said...

hmmm. I wish I knew how to do that. I really, really like Ryan Reynolds. I'm only slightly ashamed (very slightly). Maybe what we should do is have you follow me around and point out the less attractive, but still totally awesome guys. Brilliant? I think so.