I know I'm extremely naive. I know I'm sheltered and innocent. But I still believe I can make a difference just by caring. I think that I can change things. Because what we can remember is that love changes us. If we truly love others, we can't stand idly by and watch them starve. We can't watch them begging without giving what we can.
And maybe I'll be taken advantage of for this. Maybe the man I gave money to the other day went home to a huge house, purchased with the money he's made begging. But maybe that $5 I was able to give him bought him the only meal he got that day. Maybe he spent it on alcohol. I don't know. What matters is that I did my part to help him.
What matters is the change that I'm making in my life for this.

No comments:
Post a Comment