Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Contradictions

So as some of you may know...I HATE being cold. It's my least favorite thing in the whole world. I would light myself on fire if the alternative was freezing to death-at least I'd be warm. I would honestly rather the summer when you're unbearably hot than even November when I start being unable to warm up. Part of this is that I'm about 95% sure that I'm cold-blooded, as I am almost constantly cold. and even in the middle of July, it doesn't take long in the swimming pool before I'm freezing and go to sit in the sun.
On the other end of the line, I love rain SO much. It's kind of ridiculous how much I love rain. I am well known for playing in the rain until I am completely soaked through. In comparison to the times that I have jumped in the pool fully clothed, I would say the end result is about the same...minus the chlorine.
So here is my dilemma. It's October, and finally starting to cool down. I broke out a sweater last night. and I'm wearing another one tonight. Which I'm actually kind of happy about. I love wearing sweaters. I think they're the greatest invention. and once it's acceptable weather to wear them outside, I get to have a sweater on in my classrooms where I'm always freezing. However, it has also been raining lately. Which of course is a terrible temptation for me. I'm not the person who huddles inside or under awnings to watch the rain. So yesterday I walked through the rain smiling and laughing and with much enjoyment for about a half an hour. I was a little chilled, but it was totally worth it. Awesomely incredible. However then I had to go to class. In the basement. I was FREEZING for every second of the hour and fifteen minute class. and my walk home. Finally I got home, changed into a sweater from my t-shirt, and wrapped myself in a blanket for a little bit before I began baking to warm up the kitchen. So today it is raining again. It's supposed to rain all week. I want desperately to play in it with reckless abandon...but I have the problem of my intense hatred of being cold. and were it this temperature and raining in March or April, I would be out there loving every second of it because I would be used to the cold again. (still not happy about it, but used to it nonetheless.) but it's the beginning of the cold.
What to do, what to do.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

go enjoy the rain. then come inside and take a hot shower.
always play in the rain!!! as long as there is no lightning!