Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Single Girl Swag

I was driving home from spending the day with my BFF, and the song Goodbye by Kristina Debarge came on. I was listening to the chorus and can I just say AMEN!!
The lyrics talk about having that new single girl swag...and I may not be newly single, but I am VERY newly swaggering about it. My friends and roommates have been dropping like flies into relationships in the last few weeks, and I've been feeling very lonely and desperate to have someone lately...but after spending all day with my BFF today, and thinking about everything a lot more...I couldn't be happier to be single. I like being free to do whatever I want with my time, I have a lot of studying to do, and I really don't want to be dating someone just to be with someone, and not be alone. I don't like the girls who do that, so why would I do it?
I am single, and I can now honestly say that I love it. If someone wants to date me...they can ask me out, I'll go on a date or two with them, and if things work out, great. but it will be because we both like each other. not just because we're both single, and I don't want to be alone.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

I don't hate blog stalkers! I LOVE blog stalkers! I hate blog stalkers who are my ex-boyfriend's other ex-girlfriends who are only reading to see if I'm crazy, like he said I was on his fb status. Yeah. fun.

Emilie RBP said...

You're not alone Tiffany. I've been single my whole life. I can guarantee you that the best you can do is what you've done: accept the fact and move on. Congratulations on figuring out how to be happy. :)