As of 2 days ago, Matt and I had been married for a year. Our anniversary had an interesting start, but ended up being absolutely wonderful. We got up in the morning, and went to the Social Security office. I am finally getting around to changing my name. It only took a year for me to get there. :)
We budgeted about 2 hours for that, but it wound up taking only 20 minutes, so we went home to exchange gifts before the next part of our morning. Matt took our certificate from the temple and had it professionally framed. It looks amazing, and I am so happy to have it! I got him a leather bound copy of Sherlock Holmes and wrote him a letter about our first year together. After we opened our presents and ate a little, we had plans and tickets for watching The Hobbit. However, when we went to the door at 10:30, our lock was broken. We couldn't get it to unlock so we could get out the door. My wonderful husband magically fixed it with some fiddling...and some climbing out the window...at least enough that we could go to the movie.
By the way, the movie was incredible. Everything I hoped for and more.
After the movie, we came home, ate lunch, and the maintenance guy came by to fix our broken furnace and take a look at the deadlock. He was very friendly, and I enjoyed talking to him.
Once he left, we were out the door to go up to Salt Lake for the night. We went out to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, then stayed the night at The Anniversary Inn.
The room at the Anniversary Inn was gorgeous. We stayed in the Venice room, and the bed was made in a gondola frame with a couch in the front part. We enjoyed watching the Food Network, and posing in the front of the gondola in a Titanic-related manner. It was nice to be away from home and have nothing to worry about...Plus breakfast was provided, and was incredible. All in all, I would recommend the Anniversary Inn.
I am so grateful that I married such a wonderful and caring man. He takes such good care of me, and I always know that he loves me. He balances me in many ways, and complements me in ways that I didn't know I needed. To me, he is proof that Heavenly Father really does love us enough to give us what we need instead of what we want...and Matt is both of those to me.
We budgeted about 2 hours for that, but it wound up taking only 20 minutes, so we went home to exchange gifts before the next part of our morning. Matt took our certificate from the temple and had it professionally framed. It looks amazing, and I am so happy to have it! I got him a leather bound copy of Sherlock Holmes and wrote him a letter about our first year together. After we opened our presents and ate a little, we had plans and tickets for watching The Hobbit. However, when we went to the door at 10:30, our lock was broken. We couldn't get it to unlock so we could get out the door. My wonderful husband magically fixed it with some fiddling...and some climbing out the window...at least enough that we could go to the movie.
By the way, the movie was incredible. Everything I hoped for and more.
After the movie, we came home, ate lunch, and the maintenance guy came by to fix our broken furnace and take a look at the deadlock. He was very friendly, and I enjoyed talking to him.
Once he left, we were out the door to go up to Salt Lake for the night. We went out to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, then stayed the night at The Anniversary Inn.
The room at the Anniversary Inn was gorgeous. We stayed in the Venice room, and the bed was made in a gondola frame with a couch in the front part. We enjoyed watching the Food Network, and posing in the front of the gondola in a Titanic-related manner. It was nice to be away from home and have nothing to worry about...Plus breakfast was provided, and was incredible. All in all, I would recommend the Anniversary Inn.
I am so grateful that I married such a wonderful and caring man. He takes such good care of me, and I always know that he loves me. He balances me in many ways, and complements me in ways that I didn't know I needed. To me, he is proof that Heavenly Father really does love us enough to give us what we need instead of what we want...and Matt is both of those to me.

2 comments:
Congrats you guys on your wonderful first year of marriage :D I Love your stories. I was there when you guys met and dated and then got engaged and got married. So sweet :D
Congratulations! (I know I'm a month late on this) It sounds like you had a really fun day. I've always wanted to stay at the Anniversary Inn!
Post a Comment