If you're like most people, it's Thanksgiving and food...So...I'm posting a facebook status of something that I'm grateful for everyday, I'm going to expound on them here. So here are the first 3 (or 4. I got a little exuberant yesterday)
November 1. Tiffany Jackman is grateful for Kathleen Madison.
Kathleen is my roommate. At least I'm pretty sure she is. She's not around very much. But I seriously adore her. Every time I see her or have a conversation with her, I feel like I'm really the best me that I can be. She makes me smile, and consider other sides of things. And she's completely honest. Kathleen isn't going to sugarcoat anything for anyone. But she can still make anyone feel better about anything.
November 2 (part 1). Tiffany Jackman is grateful for the chips and salsa from Gringos she got this morning, and for Jake Earnest thinking of her, and taking the time to get them.
My friend Jake is actually a BYU-I student, living in Provo for an internship. So this last weekend, he went to Idaho to get his snow tires on. Before he left, he asked if there was anything any of us wanted from Rexburg. I jokingly mentioned Gringos (my favorite Mexican restaurant in the world, and how much I love their chips and salsa. I was sure he would completely forget about it. But when I woke up that morning, there were chips in a box on my table from Gringos, and salsa in my fridge. He is amazing.
November 2 (part 2). Tiffany Jackman is grateful for Kristi Walston, Katie Walker, Randi Mosher, Kimberly Hofman, Nathan Reid Geddes, and Dallon RD Reddish for being such wonderful friends, and keeping her mind busy tonight.
So I had a kind of rough night last night, and received some news that I would rather not think about. Shortly there after, I went to visit my friend Kimberly, who entertained me with stories, and just being herself while we cooked. She's always great at making me smile, no matter what might be going on. After leaving Kimberly's, I felt an urge to go visit my favorite person from my freshman year, Nathan. So I did. and he is truly an incredible person. I have honestly never been so grateful to spend time with someone. He is an answer to all of my prayers, sometimes even before I've prayed them. Then when I got home, and was sitting in my room by myself, my thoughts began to drift to the news I was trying not to think about. So I texted my friend Kristi, and asked for a hug. She came straight over, gave me a huge hug, and brought me to her apartment, where I got to spend time with her and her amazing roommates Katie and Randi, who greeted me so happily, that there was no question but that they were truly delighted to have me there. It was great!! And then from the time I visited Kimberly on, Dallon and I were texting about how he is coming to visit this weekend, and how much fun we will have. For those of you wondering, we are getting married whilst he is in Provo.
November 3. Tiffany Jackman is grateful for Richard Hardy Ashton and Sydnee Wilson for making even time in the library fun.
In order to avoid thinking about the news of yesterday, I was keeping myself as busy as I possibly could. Therefore, I had had a fairly dull day, in which I kept my mind strictly on my work, and didn't give myself very much fun. I was about to go to my last class of the day, and I went into the library to print out the paper that was due, and just as I sat down at the computer, someone walked past me and bumped into my chair. In case you didn't know, I'm fairly skinny, and had my chair scooted in, so I was a bit confused...so I turned around, and there was Rich. For those who didn't know, Rich is one of my top 5 best friends in the world. So I was pretty happy to see him. I smiled at him, then he gestured in Sydnee. I also adore Sydnee. I work with her, and she is so much fun. They invited me to come study with them, but I had to turn them down in order to go to class. However, as I was walking out of periodicals, Rich started pointing at me, so I pointed back at him, and Sydnee started blowing me kisses. I caught a kiss as I walked out...and to be honest, that was the first real smile I smiled all day is after seeing them. They are the best. :)
So as you can tell, my life pretty much rocks. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see what I'm grateful for tomorrow!!

No comments:
Post a Comment