It has been a long time since I posted...like a really long time. And I apologize for that. Over the summer, there really wasn't much going on to write about, and since getting back to Provo, I've been busy with one of the hardest things I've ever done....but also one of the most rewarding things. I've been doing my student teaching.
I will admit that there have been days when I have wanted to quit. There have been mornings when going back to bed sounds so much better than dealing with the students. But when I get up and go, I have yet to regret a day of teaching. I can't believe how much the students really do mean to me. I can't believe how the students I thought I would dislike the most have a way of getting to me. I can't believe how much I care about each of them succeeding. I can't believe how much they matter to me.
I loved the students at the high school. They were my students. I cared about each of them personally. I wondered how they were doing. I wanted to help them be the best they could be. And it took a little longer, but I feel the same way about my middle school students. I dream about them. I wake up wondering what I can do that day to teach them best. I want to help them.
I feel like I have 155 children right now. Thankfully, those 155 students are all 12-15, and I can send them on to their next teacher after 45 minutes. I don't know how much I would love them if I had to keep them longer than that. It will be hard to stop teaching them though. I only have 3 more weeks with them, and it makes me feel so sad. I feel empty at the thought of separation from them...but it has to happen.
I can't wait until I have my own classroom with students that are genuinely mine.
I will admit that there have been days when I have wanted to quit. There have been mornings when going back to bed sounds so much better than dealing with the students. But when I get up and go, I have yet to regret a day of teaching. I can't believe how much the students really do mean to me. I can't believe how the students I thought I would dislike the most have a way of getting to me. I can't believe how much I care about each of them succeeding. I can't believe how much they matter to me.
I loved the students at the high school. They were my students. I cared about each of them personally. I wondered how they were doing. I wanted to help them be the best they could be. And it took a little longer, but I feel the same way about my middle school students. I dream about them. I wake up wondering what I can do that day to teach them best. I want to help them.
I feel like I have 155 children right now. Thankfully, those 155 students are all 12-15, and I can send them on to their next teacher after 45 minutes. I don't know how much I would love them if I had to keep them longer than that. It will be hard to stop teaching them though. I only have 3 more weeks with them, and it makes me feel so sad. I feel empty at the thought of separation from them...but it has to happen.
I can't wait until I have my own classroom with students that are genuinely mine.

1 comment:
Love you and your attitude. You will be a teacher extrordinaire!
Post a Comment