So Friday, I got to Southridge and I brought in my stuff, gave Drea a ride to work, then came back to spend some time hanging out with Kacy Ann. We went to the mall, because she was insisting on looking for a present for my upcoming birthday. Of course I told her that I didn't need anything, but she insisted. I didn' see anything I particularly wanted while we were there, so I didn't get anything. We did get caught by the kiosk guy who does nails. He took us and filed down one of each of our nails and did them. Now we each have one shiny and pretty nail while the other 9 are dull and scratched.
So then we went back to their apartment and changed quickly so that we could go play Ultimate Frisbee with some of the people in their ward. So, Aaron-who was kind of dating Andrea, Kacy Ann, Amy-who lives across the hall, Mariah-who is to their apartment what I was to 147, Nathan, Eric, Adam, Kevin, and Josh came to play. Adam, Kevin, and Josh are just some guys from the ward. After a few hours of playing Ultimate Frisbee, and getting hit in the head with the frisbee, I opted to sit on the side and watch them throw it around. Nathan and Kacy Ann sat a little ways away talking, then Josh came and sat next to me, and we started talking about our majors, and a little about his mission.
Once it started getting dark, we headed back to Southridge. Kacy Ann and I changed and showered then headed over to Eric and Nathan's apartment to watch a movie and to eat pizza. There wasn't room for everyone on the couch, so Kacy Ann and I climbed up on the arms of the couch to open up more space on the couch. Josh came and sat by me, while Eric sat by Kacy Ann. Nathan was the only one not on a couch or chair, but he didn't want to sit between Josh and Eric, so he sat on the floor. I got uncomfortable after a little while, so I moved down onto the floor. Josh told me that there was room up on the couch, so I just moved up and sat between them. but Josh kept scooting closer towards me, so I scooted over closer to Eric. I felt bad, because I knew Eric was really hot, but we had already shut his window...and now Kacy Ann and I were crowding in around him...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, I had my arms crossed, and he crossed his arms and tried to do the sneaky hand holding while arms are crossed thing...and I balled my hands into fists...then when he kept trying, I clasped them together and put them on the leg next to Eric. then when he STILL didn't give up-he was holding my arm. No lie. I sat on my hands. The instant the movie ended I stood up and flew over next to Andrea. Then Eric and Nathan went outside for some fresh air...so I went with them because I needed to get out of the apartment. I saw Josh looking out at Nathan and I sitting on the stairs and talking, but I ignored it. I told Kacy Ann about it later, and she told me that she could tell when we were playing Ultimate that he liked me...that was uncomfortableish. I am concerned about what to do with it, because I might see him while I'm visiting Kacy Ann, Andrea, Kimmy, and Lauren. Yuck.
But yeah. Knowing each other for like 3 hours is not long enough for hand holding. Brad and I just finally held hands 3 weeks ago. I really like him. I missed him a lot while I was in Utah. I'm not excited to leave him again. It won't be fun. But I know I have to do it. It's going to be good for us. We need the distance to help us prepare for him leaving on his mission. That's going to be hard too. But I still want him to go. I want to go on my mission. We'll see what happens with my life.
Also...my stepmom is coming home tomorrow!!! I'm going to have my family back...somewhat. We're going to have to readjust again. It's going to be tough, but it will be better than things have been.
In other news...I am now the only active member of the church in my family. My mom is refusing anything to do with the church, and her fiance moved into our house. I found out when I got home last Tuesday. She had texted me to let me know that she was home, and I came home to find his truck and a u-haul in my usual parking spot. I hate having him there. He's awkward, I'm uncomfortable with him, and I don't want him living with us and acting like my dad. he's not. He never will be.

No comments:
Post a Comment