alright, so my last post, I was packing up and getting ready to come to Provo...obviously I've been here for a while. Over 2 weeks actually...and being me, I haven't posted a blog yet. so now I'm going to catch up.
So I drove down with my BFF, and future BFOTB Brittani Kuh-jersti Mack Attack Big Butt Aunt Tupac Jemima Be-asst Co-ats. This is code for I made her drive, and sat in the passenger seat talking to her, and picking out the music. We had a grand old time, then she helped me move into my new apartment. One of my roommates was already there, which was a bit of a suprise, since I was under the impression they wouldn't be there until Sunday. So I got to meet Lauren...sorta. She said hi, and then Brittani and I unpacked my stuff, while Lauren got ready to go do something. I don't know what, but she didn't finish until I was pretty much completely unpacked, and she had started before I got there.
Tyson came over with his cousin to a game night. No big deal. Of course, I invited Brittani and her roommates, so that I would have support. Well, Tyson stood out talking to me, Erin, Jana, Emilie, and Brittani, and we finally decided to invite him back to their apartment. So we went and decided to watch She's The Man. Love that movie. anyway, I thought "gee, he's pretty cute, maybe I could go on a few dates with him, and we could have fun and stuff." but it turned out that 2 of Britt's roommates thought the same thing. So I decided to just bow out, but of course I still would have been ok with it if he had shown interest in me...so that night, we all friend-requested him on facebook, and he was chatting with us, and flirting kinda hard-core...with all of us. yeah. jerk face. and we discussed this. roommates do that. we wrote him off basically is all.
Well, maybe 2 days later, my roommates and I were chilling in the apartment, and Tyson texted Lauren and asked her if they could "talk, or maybe even take a walk." so he came over and was talking to her in the kitchen, while I charged my phone and read my science text book in the hallway. Finally, I got sick of it, and went to Brittani's to talk to the roommates in question from the Tyson story. So we sat and talked for a while, and I finally went home, when I knew Tyson would have left, in interest of the honor code. I didn't have classes the next day, so sleep wasn't really an issue. I tried to warn Lauren about Tyson though, and ever since that happened, she's been distant, and not really wanted to talk to me.
Anyway....other than that, I love Provo. I practically live at Brittani's apartment, because I fit in there perfectly. It's amazing. I love my classes, my teachers are incredible, and I am actually ahead in all my classes except for English. I am not a fan of English...I should probably be working on my paper right now. but I'm not. Oh well.
Last night, I went to Salt Lake with Brittani and our friend Christine, and we went to temple square. While we were looking at the Christus statue, we met this AMAZING sister missionary named Sister Nock. We talked to her for like a half an hour. She asked us if we were planning on serving missions. I think I really am leaning in that direction right now. I wanted it so badly even a year ago. maybe I should.
I really liked something that she said..."women are up here, and men without the priesthood are down here. When men have the priesthood, and are worthy, then they're brought up to the level of women. women are always there, because they have motherhood." she was wonderful. Well, she challenged us to write something in our journal, and since I don't have a journal, I'm going to do it here.
What do others say about me?
Others say that I don't fit in, that I'm different. I'm odd. Some people think that I am quiet...some people think I'm loud and obnoxious. I know some people think that I'm really smart.
What do I say about me?
I say that I am quirky and caring. I try really hard to make others happy, and I understand things pretty well in class. I say that I am a good cook, and that I am generally happy. I lately have been feeling like I'm not as good as those around me, but I usually have fairly healthy self image.
What does Heavenly Father say about me?
Heavenly Father says that I am his beloved daughter. He says that he is honored to have me as his daughter. Heavenly Father says that I have the potential to be anything, and he loves me very much...he says that as long as I will speak up when I need to, I will be able to say what people need to hear, and I will be able to help them. Heavenly Father says that I am as good as anyone else, and that I deserve happiness as much as they do.
I know that I need to try to be the person that Heavenly Father sees me as, and that I need to work to deserve that title.
Well, that is all for now.
Over and out.

No comments:
Post a Comment